• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Weird Chinese Characters in Registry Editor - Should I Be Concerned?

richie021501

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
So I am looking at the registry editor on my pc and am noticing about 5 folders with these weird characters that I've never seen before. They look like Chinese or possibly Japanese characters. Is this a cause for concern? I've run scans with Malwarebytes and Avast and neither program found any sort of a virus. Is this something that I should be concerned about?

So I am looking at the registry editor on my pc and am noticing about 5 folders with these weird characters that I've never seen before. They look like Chinese or possibly Japanese characters. Is this a cause for concern? I've run scans with Malwarebytes and Avast and neither program found any sort of a virus. Is this something that I should be concerned about?
Copy paste them into google translate. Simple enough

10:1 it's a software driver for a generic component. A lot of chipsets do come from Taiwan. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen code in Kanji, or Cantonese. Goodness knows I reverse engineered enough of their "code."

Do you have the registry keys in particular?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS