[SOLVED] Weird clicking noise every 30 min, then cracking noise in headset follows

dozzzz02

Prominent
Nov 23, 2020
Hi,

My PC makes every 30 minutes (not really 30 minutes just every once in a while) a random sound that sounds like clicking or a switch being flipped.
What immediately follows (as if it was happening at the same time) is that my headset makes a weird crackling/static noise for 1 second (faint noise).

My specs are:
Intel Core i7-7700
Asus TURBO-GTX1080-8G
Samsung 16GB DDR4-2132
ASUSTeK Q170M2 (mobo)

Sennheiser Game One connected with 3.5mm to (Apple) 3.5mm / USB-C to USB-C / USB-A.

Thanks in advance,

Solution
Make and model of your PSU? How old is the unit in your build? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can go into BISO by spamming the DEL key during bootup or you can use CPU-Z to see what the Mainboard tab shows as your current BIOS version. Cross reference that BIOS version with that listed on their support site, here.

What version of Windows 10 are you on? You should ideally be on version 21H1. As for your audio drivers, you should try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers, when reinstalling, make sure to do so in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

If your PSU is reliably built, you can try and relocate the system to another wall outlet and...

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU? How old is the unit in your build? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can go into BISO by spamming the DEL key during bootup or you can use CPU-Z to see what the Mainboard tab shows as your current BIOS version. Cross reference that BIOS version with that listed on their support site, here.

What version of Windows 10 are you on? You should ideally be on version 21H1. As for your audio drivers, you should try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers, when reinstalling, make sure to do so in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

If your PSU is reliably built, you can try and relocate the system to another wall outlet and see if the issue persists.

Solution