Question Weird clicking noise

MasoodMS

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2012
Hello, I recently built a new PC back in Jan/Feb. It has been running great, however recently it started making a clicking noise. Opening the side of the PC and trying to hear where it's coming from, it seems that it's from the PSU. I have a small video to provide. For reference I have a Seasonic Prime TX-1000. Not sure what's going on but it's very, very annoying.

Here is a recording (my PSU is at the top of the case, so you're hearing right below it).
https://youtube.com/shorts/ythC8n8NPWc?feature=share

CPU: Intel 12900k
Motherboard: Z690E
Ram: G.Skill DDR5 32gb
SSD/HDD: 2TB 980 PRO
GPU: RTX 3080ti
PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-1000W
Chassis: Fractal Torrent

Well, hard to tell from the recording, but it definitely SOUNDS like either a fan bearing or a fan blade is hitting something like the end of a zip tie that has snuck into one of the vent holes to me. If you're certain it's the PSU I'd pull it out of the case and power it on using a paper clip to see if you are still hearing the noise or not. If not, then there's a good chance it's not the PSU. I'd also make DARN sure it isn't one of the fan blades on the graphics card hitting something and just echoing off the PSU. That too should be clear if you pull the PSU and test it out of the case. No noise, then start looking for a look fan shroud or blade hitting something on the graphics card cooler.