Weird Cloning Problem Makes Windows SUCK!!!

Pauly JP

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
Here's my problem...
I have been using a 240GB Crucial BX200 SSD for about 8 months. It has windows 10, and a whole slew of programs and games on it. There's 14GB of room left.
I just purchased a 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD last week to replace it. Ive spent several hours trying to figure out why cloning the 240gb to the 525 isn't working. Everything clones over fine, i boot up with only the 525gb hooked up just like the 240gb was, everything seems normal, I'm sitting at my desktop background, business as usual, no red flags thus far... From this point forward, almost anything i do results in the computer either freezing, crashing, or some kind of "windows has stopped working" error. I can sometimes navigate to CMD (admin) or disk management without problems.

Here's what Ive tried:
Cloned using Acronis true image 2015 and macrium reflect both end with same result.
Checked boot prio. in BIOS
Ran "chkdsk C: /f" and "sfc /scannnow" on the 240gb ssd and found nothing.
Ran "chkdsk C: /f" and "sfc /scannnow" on the 525gb ssd after the clone and found nothing.
Went to Microcenter and asked them about it, they went ahead and gave me a new ssd just in case it was bad. The new one is doing the same thing.... so I'm positive it's not a bad drive.
Successfully ran a fresh install of windows 10 on the 525gb with no problems, but I am dead set on cloning. Id honestly rather keep the 240gb ssd then re-do everything. (Call me an ass but im OCD about my desktop and it would probably take days to get everything copied perfectly)

I'm suspecting that maybe the drive isn't formatted correctly to begin with, but I figured the cloning process would take care of that. Im looking for any ideas or solutions to whats going on. I really don't know why 2 almost identical SSD's with the same files on them would behave so differently. I am 99.9% sure im doing the cloning process correctly, its not that complicated at all. Im not sure if there are steps that need to be taken before you clone or not. I appreciate any help :) thanks!!
-Paul

Solution
I have used Macrium Reflect successfully many times to do just what you are doing. I agree, cloning is the only way to go. No way I'm starting over!
If I were you I would "clean" the new drive under Diskpart, then either use diskpart to setup the partition or open Disk Management and then initialize, then format the drive.
One thing to mention, is your original drive GPT or MBR? Just make sure to use the same when paritioning/formatting.
You will end up with a blank 525GB drive with a drive letter.
Macrium Reflect should then be able to clone your old drive to it without issue.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
I have used Macrium Reflect successfully many times to do just what you are doing. I agree, cloning is the only way to go. No way I'm starting over!
If I were you I would "clean" the new drive under Diskpart, then either use diskpart to setup the partition or open Disk Management and then initialize, then format the drive.
One thing to mention, is your original drive GPT or MBR? Just make sure to use the same when paritioning/formatting.
You will end up with a blank 525GB drive with a drive letter.
Macrium Reflect should then be able to clone your old drive to it without issue.

Solution