Question Weird Cold Boot and random VGA/No Display?

LiveLongVoyager

Reputable
May 18, 2020
Hello, it seems like a 50/50 chance ill turn on my PC and have my GPU not turn on and VGA light on mobo on. One simple reset seems to fix the problem...but I don't want to have to do that everytime i turn on PC. I cant take GPU out of PCIe slot for some reason either, since clamp is stuck and wont push down. I tried reconnecting power cables, seems to help sometimes, but not always like right now. No artifacts or performance issues with card, but this weird boots are really worrying me...GPU or Mobo?

Aorus B450 M
RTX 2070 Super
CXM750w Corsair
LPX Vengence 3600 RAM

Last edited:
" I cant take GPU out of PCIe slot for some reason either, since clamp is stuck and wont push down "

It could be as something as easy as to remove the GPU and seating it back in the slot but you can't.

Find the reason why you can't push that pin and do it and remove the GPU and re-seat it.

Just because no one is answering you inside a few hours it doesn't mean people don't want to help you. There are a lot of threads with people needing help on this forum and the people using their free time to help people are not always here waiting for new threads.

Reactions: LiveLongVoyager