[SOLVED] Weird colors when starting PC and boot screen doesn't show up

Brandon316

Commendable
Aug 10, 2017
I'm unsure if I'm posting this in the right place so I'm sorry if I'm wrong.
I've been trying to fix this issue for a while now and I wasn't able to do it alone so I'm here asking for help maybe someone had this issue, basically when I start my PC the following happens:
View: https://i.imgur.com/kXCRQaH.jpg

I see those weird colors on startup and then it simply boots in to windows normally (I never see my motherboard boot screen thing)
View: https://i.imgur.com/JSZFkXm.jpg
<> (booting to windows 7 normally)

I think my GPU is working fine, I bought it and the issue was ever since so I'm unsure if this issue is causing bad preforemce hence why I'm trying to solve it just in case my system isn't running at it's maxium.

I have 1TB HDD
SSD 240 GB
750 wat power supply
sapphire nitro+ rx 570 8gb - GPU
xeon 5650
24 ram
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

I had windows 10 and the issue was still happening, I had a different monitor I used DVI cable didn't solve the issue, now I'm using HDMI and it's still happening this time on a new monitor I got.
I'm unsure if it could be that the GPU has 2 bios or something like that and with my old MOBO it's going crazy.

BIOS:

aOUMxfQ.png

Last edited:
Solution
I've been trying to fix this issue for a while now and I wasn't able to do it alone so I'm here asking for help maybe someone had this issue, basically when I start my PC the following happens:

I see those weird colors on startup and then it simply boots in to windows normally (I never see my motherboard boot screen thing)

I think my GPU is working fine, I bought it and the issue was ever since so I'm unsure if this issue is causing bad preforemce hence why I'm trying to solve...

Brandon316

Commendable
Aug 10, 2017
Bricked motherboard, call the manufacturer.

You are able to boot into windows fine?
Motherboard is great, I put my 560Ti & 960 and the bios screen showed.
With the RX 570 the only issue I can tell is that the loading screen that shows the mobo branding has a lot of colors, I play games on that motherboard and GPU and seems ok, the thing is I want it to work without any issues I'm clueless if it's effecting the card in a bad way.

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Motherboard is great, I put my 560Ti & 960 and the bios screen showed.
With the RX 570 the only issue I can tell is that the loading screen that shows the mobo branding has a lot of colors, I play games on that motherboard and GPU and seems ok, the thing is I want it to work without any issues I'm clueless if it's effecting the card in a bad way.
Oof I have no idea how to offer help on this anymore

So the screen you get upon startup is based on the GPU installed?
The GPU is probably your problem.

Brandon316

Commendable
Aug 10, 2017
Oof I have no idea how to offer help on this anymore

So the screen you get upon startup is based on the GPU installed?
The GPU is probably your problem.
Exactly, I might have the wrong BIOS intalled I will try it later but I don't think it's the reason.
I literally cleaned my old 560Ti installed it and the BIOS screen showed up.
Do you know if that causes any issues at least? how can I know if my card is working perfectly fine because I can live with those colors they don't bother me at all...
All I care about is performance...

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Exactly, I might have the wrong BIOS intalled I will try it later but I don't think it's the reason.
I literally cleaned my old 560Ti installed it and the BIOS screen showed up.
Do you know if that causes any issues at least? how can I know if my card is working perfectly fine because I can live with those colors they don't bother me at all...
All I care about is performance...
You can try the card on a different board to see if you get the same wierd colors, but it may actually be a problem with the card, like for example a video output or GPU Bios problem.

Again, I have barely any knowledge in this issue, but I can help as much as I can.

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011

I think my GPU is working fine, I bought it and the issue was ever since so I'm unsure if this issue is causing bad preforemce hence why I'm trying to solve it just in case my system isn't running at it's maxium.

I have 1TB HDD
SSD 240 GB
750 wat power supply
sapphire nitro+ rx 570 8gb - GPU
xeon 5650
24 ram
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

I had windows 10 and the issue was still happening, I had a different monitor I used DVI cable didn't solve the issue, now I'm using HDMI and it's still happening this time on a new monitor I got.
I'm unsure if it could be that the GPU has 2 bios or something like that and with my old MOBO it's going crazy.

BIOS:

aOUMxfQ.png
Had the same problem, Rx570 on old lga775 q9550 ix38 motherboard.

Your motherboard is legacy BIOS only, and the gpu wants only UEFI. The quick solve is to disable the bios logo spashscreen (that is not supported) and then it will work fine.

The card is fine, the motherboard is fine, but there is this incompatibility about Legacy BIOS and UEFI. I've run it for two weeks (without artefacts since i've deactivated the sprashscreen logo at startup), then i've changed the platform for a modern Ryzen5 2600x and they are now fully compatible.

Solution

Brandon316

Commendable
Aug 10, 2017
Had the same problem, Rx570 on old lga775 q9550 ix38 motherboard.

Your motherboard is legacy BIOS only, and the gpu wants only UEFI. The quick solve is to disable the bios logo spashscreen (that is not supported) and then it will work fine.

The card is fine, the motherboard is fine, but there is this incompatibility about Legacy BIOS and UEFI. I've run it for two weeks (without artefacts since i've deactivated the sprashscreen logo at startup), then i've changed the platform for a modern Ryzen5 2600x and they are now fully compatible.
Thank you so much.
One question, I really don't care if it shows those colors at startup - do you see any difference while gaming after changing to the new mobo?

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I wondered too if the weird colors hurt in any way the gpu or mb.. idk.
I only ran two weeks while waiting for the ryzen parts, but got the gpu first at black friday last year... so I don't know the effects on long run.. but clearly the GPU states it's only compatible with UEFI only MB's and the old board is Legacy BIOS only with no UEFI at all. There is the problem.

Be sure to disable in bios the splashscreen logo. then all will look good.

As for difference in gaming, huge, because the Q9550 is a decade old and was bottlenecking the GPU. Also some games require quite a lot of CPU.. so GTA5 was kind of playable on q9550 and is butter smooth on ryzen 2600x

Your Xeon on lga1366 is sligthly better than my old Q9550 (even at 4ghz OC) but i still think it's outdated and a modest ryzen3 or ryzen5 will sweep floors in games with the ancient lga1366.

In pure calculations.. the xeon is a good preformer even that old, but still 6core ryzen5 also sweep floors with old and new low tier xeons, and a TR or EPYC are monsters that compete with the top tier xeons

there it is: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-X5650-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3500/m355vs4053

Last edited:

Brandon316

Commendable
Aug 10, 2017
Just an update, I had a GTX 960 4gb and I did not have that problem, I installed an old GTX 560Ti and the problem didn't appear, installed GTX 980Ti and yet again the problem wasn't there, so the issue isn't with the card and it's with the built in BIOS or whatever is in the RX 570, I would recommend everyone to stay away from AMD products, the RX 570 was such a horrible experience for me - the software was just horrible to use and slower than windows 98 - it might just be me though.