Question Weird cpu usage problem

Nov 19, 2019
Hi this is my first time posting on this forum, so excuse my noobness.

Firstly, my specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 2200g
Gpu: Rx 560 4gb
Mobo: Msi gaming plus B350
8 GB ram

Secondly, the problem:

Plain and simple, my cpu usage is constanly capped at 100% BUT my user, the only user on the system, is often taking only 0 - 30 % of the usage. ( https://pasteboard.co/IHsAkv1.jpg )
Things I've tried so far:

running multiple virus scans.
updated Windows and other drivers.
Resetting my pc

The reason I dont think my cpu is broken is because of the fact that the performance isn't worse then before.

I've never seen anything like this and I've run out of ideas.

Any help is appreciated

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
run also adwcleaner, a virus is not only the option here, a mining malware client running from your web browser can do this

have you checked if the windows installation is pulling updates constantly?

about cpu usage, do you see temperatures raising or is doing well on that front? use hwinfo to check temperatures

about the picture, couldn't you take a worse picture?

Nov 19, 2019
run also adwcleaner, a virus is not only the option here, a mining malware client running from your web browser can do this

have you checked if the windows installation is pulling updates constantly?

about cpu usage, do you see temperatures raising or is doing well on that front? use hwinfo to check temperatures

about the picture, couldn't you take a worse picture?

Thanks for the response,

I've checked my temps (using Coretemp) and my temperature is at 50° Celsius. I don't know what is used to be at but it doesn't seem particularly high.

As for adwcleaner I've scanned my pc and nothing was found, mainly because I've reset my pc.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
its not high, but is far from low, something is running and not being reported in the task manager, it sounds like a criptomining malware to me, last time one slipped in here i got rid of it with adwcleaner

if you don't trust on such tools, reinstall pc should be a definitive solution on a situation like this

if you reinstalled recently, something you install is not being detected by adwcleaner or other tools but still using cpu cores

Nov 19, 2019
its not high, but is far from low, something is running and not being reported in the task manager, it sounds like a criptomining malware to me, last time one slipped in here i got rid of it with adwcleaner

if you don't trust on such tools, reinstall pc should be a definitive solution on a situation like this
As stated in my original post, I've already reinstalled windows and adwcleaner didint find anything

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
I missed the last thing, but exept for discord, chrome, Coretemp, necesairy drivers and adwcleaner I have not installed anything
the day i got tht miner thing it was thanks to a website i visited, it messed up the web browser badly

another reason to see cpu usage go weird can sometimes be thanks to the hard disk, a failing hard disk can cause cpu usage go crazy, but is not common recently, i havent seen it happen on a ssd yet

Nov 19, 2019
the day i got tht miner thing it was thanks to a website i visited, it messed up the web browser badly

another reason to see cpu usage go weird can sometimes be thanks to the hard disk, a failing hard disk can cause cpu usage go crazy, but is not common recently, i havent seen it happen on a ssd yet

I do have a 1Tb hdd attached I might try disconnecting it tomorrow.

i'll keep y'all updated