[SOLVED] Weird crackling sound from PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2022
I bought a new pc around 2 months ago, and sometimes it's making a weird crackling sound. To me it sounds like an old hard disk, but i don't have a hard disk installed, only a SSD.
It mostly happens when turning my pc on/off and when opening games, but it can also happen when doing nothing.
it's quite a bit louder in real life than in the video i have linked
I was wondering if this is normal or I should I get it checked?

Power Supply: MSI MPG A850GF 850W
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4-3200
Graphics Card: MSI RTX 3080 Sea Hawk X 10G LHR
Storage: Kingston NV1 1000GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Case: Lian Li PC-o11 Dynamic

link to video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTlsQG5AeZY

Last edited:

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums! Please list your full system specifications including make and model of:
Power Supply:
Motherboard:
CPU:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Storage:
Case:

Sounds to me like a fan bearing maybe? Let's see what others's think. You can gently stop fans that are turning with your finger when you hear the sound and see if stopping any of the fans would stop the sound.

Feb 14, 2022
Welcome to the forums! Please list your full system specifications including make and model of:
Power Supply:
Motherboard:
CPU:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Storage:
Case:

Sounds to me like a fan bearing maybe? Let's see what others's think. You can gently stop fans that are turning with your finger when you hear the sound and see if stopping any of the fans would stop the sound.
Thank you for your reply, I will try that
i have listed the specifications now

Feb 14, 2022
Did you figure out what was causing this sound? For me it was quite similar sound and PSU was the culprit. PSU was Gigabyte P850GM 850W.
Ya, I'll go along with a fan bearing with wear, or a wire or cable rubbing on a fan. As suggested, stop each fan gently temporarily and see which one it is.
It might be either the fan or hard drive vibration, not sure.
Thank you all for your replies. I haven't figured out the problem yet, but I will try your suggestions

Feb 14, 2022
Sorry for the late reply, but I finally found the problem. The problem was in the AIO.
After doing some research, I found out that trapped airbubbles was the likely cause. I switched to a new AIO, and now I no longer have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS