Question Weird crash that causes PC to freeze, then restart ?

Aug 5, 2022
Hello, I have a issue that I have been experiencing for the last month. While playing games, sometimes my PC will freeze for about 10s and then the colors on the screen will go weird for about 4s and then the PC restarts. Its almost like the contrast gets turned all the way up and brightness all the way down. I have attached 2 images, 1 with the weird colors that appear before the PC restarts, and 1 with how it would normally look. (the normal one looks super saturated for some reason). I have tried using DDU, updating to Windows 11, installing old graphics drivers and trying to sort out conflicting software or drivers. The game in the screenshots is Escape From Tarkov but I don't think its an issue on the game's side. I don't know what is causing this issue or how to fix it so your help would be appreciated.

(I have had this PC for over 2 years and I haven't had any of these issues until a month ago)

IMG_0711.jpg
IMG_0707.jpg

Specs:
GPU: EVGA XC3 Geforce RTX 3070
CPU: Intel Core i7 10700
RAM: T-Force XTREEM 4000 MHZ 8GB x2
Motherboard: MSI Z490-A PRO
Storage: Samsung EVO Plus (1.0TB) - Intel 665p (2.0TB) - Seagate Barracuda (2.0TB)
PSU: Gigabyte G700H 700W Bronze
Windows: Windows 11 Home (OS Build 22000.795)

DSzymborski

Titan
First check for temperatures for issues there.

If there's no concern there, the next concern is power supply. This is a cheaply made PSU, manufactured by MEIC for Gigabyte (MEIC has very little experience in consumer PSUs and only just started making them for Gigabyte) and it uses lots of mystery-brand parts. This is the manufacturer that had a real problem lately with exploding PSUs.

In any case, the quick power spikes of the higher-end 30 series GPUs are notorious for bringing mediocre PSUs to their knees.

Aug 5, 2022
First check for temperatures for issues there.

If there's no concern there, the next concern is power supply. This is a cheaply made PSU, manufactured by MEIC for Gigabyte (MEIC has very little experience in consumer PSUs and only just started making them for Gigabyte) and it uses lots of mystery-brand parts. This is the manufacturer that had a real problem lately with exploding PSUs.

In any case, the quick power spikes of the higher-end 30 series GPUs are notorious for bringing mediocre PSUs to their knees.
Sorry for the late response. My temps are usually in the mid 50s (°C ). I could replace my PSU but I don't know what brand or rating I should use for my specs.