Question Weird debug light behavior on MSI Tomahawk B550 ?

draik161

Honorable
Apr 28, 2014
So about 2 or 3 months ago I built this PC and today the screen just shut off randomly and a VGA light came on immediately. I powered down the PC and tried to start it up again but this time I was given a red CPU light.

From here I tried:
  • Clearing CMOS
  • Removing GPU and using on board graphis

Still was getting a red CPU light. I then tried removing a RAM stick and this time a VGA light was displayed again. So I tried reinserting my graphics card and this time I am given a long CPU light, followed by a short VGA light and then a permanent BOOT debug light..

Through all of this, I have not received any POST/display on monitor.

My guess is the mobo but would like some thoughts from others here. I know this issue has been beaten to death but I am really having a hard time finding another post with this same behavior of different lights that I am having.

Feb 19, 2021
So about 2 or 3 months ago I built this PC and today the screen just shut off randomly and a VGA light came on immediately. I powered down the PC and tried to start it up again but this time I was given a red CPU light.

From here I tried:
  • Clearing CMOS
Still was getting a red CPU light. I then tried removing a RAM stick and this time a VGA light was displayed again. So I tried reinserting my graphics card and this time I am given a long CPU light, followed by a short VGA light and then a permanent BOOT debug light..

My guess is the mobo but would like some thoughts from others here. I know this issue has been beaten to death but I am really having a hard time finding another post with this same behavior of different lights that I am having.

From here I tried:
  • Clearing CMOS

Hello, I just wanted to ask if you are experiencing the same issue as mine. Btw, we jave the same mobo. My issue is VGA led light keeps turning on even though there is no issue and it wont go off. Sometimes it turns on, sometimes not. Can you help me with this?