Weird desktop not responding to mouse?

azthechamp

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
So fortunately i have 2 monitors but my main monitor's desktop will not respond to mouse clicks. I have the same desktop on my secondary monitor and it responds to all my clicks i can move apps around. Also if i open an application like chrome for example on my main desktop by dragging it over from my 2nd desktop it works fine and my mouse works within the application. But if i minimize desktop does not respond. The task bar on both monitors works fine also it is only the icons and that whole area on the primary monitors desktop where the mouse seems to not work. UPDATE: If i click and drag on my second monitors desktop (highlighting desktop and selecting icons) i can drag it over to my main desktop on this monitor and it actually does highlight all the apps and seems to work, but if i try to click or highlight straight from this one it does not respond at all everything i do has to start from second monitor interface in some way. Also the task bar does not actually work on the main desktop unless i am in an application like chrome if i minimize i lose all control of this desktop only It is as if there is an invisible window or app covering my desktop that is absorbing all the clicks but it can still be overlapped when i open a new app and bring it over here?