Weird ding dong sound random intervals

Jannes123

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
Hello,

Im hearing a weird sound at random intervals sounds like some kind of "ding-dong"
Its not listed in the audio configuration where also teh sound of windows log off sounds etc. i tested all the sounds there. and none of them sounds the same .. also setting those sound to none instead of windows defaulto doenst make a difference, been searching for hours disabling msconfig startups, restarted 10 times. removed all programs i have installed within 2 weeks. its making me nuts

Edit:

Ok i just bought windows10 i was thinking about it a long to time install this.
Sound made me so crazy i just wiped my pc and installed w10.

Guess what. sound is still here...................

Edit2:

Ok i heard it at 1:58, at 2:08 and now at 2:18 so i guess every 10 minutes at 8. also after restart it was still at the 8.
weird but ok.. ill wait for 2:28 now and try recording it if thats possible.

Edit3:

Recorded sounds, verified it worked with music and other windows sounds.
I heard the sound at 2:28, but the recorder didn't pick it up. also the sound slider is not going higher.

Could this be hardware related maybe in the headset :S, its also with speakers..

Is there anything in your event viewer for the EXACT time that happens.

Leave out the USB connected device(s). Sound may disappear. Sometimes a USB device will crash and immediately be reinstalled.

Manually remove and immediately reinsert USB device. Similar sound? Make sure the device is safe to remove prior to removing it.

Jannes123

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
Thanks for the answers.
I know the sound of the usb and its much louder and bit longer sound. its not this sound.
also i tried unpluggin everything to try if i heard it but no luck.

Only thing wireless is a headset but it has a receiver.

Jannes123

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015

never worked with this before, i heard it at 1:58 again. started looking for events at 1:58 but couldnt see anything.

TRENDING THREADS