[SOLVED] Weird edges and scaling on high settings and 1080p in many games.

Solution
Maybe this is normal i am just stupid, but on many games with either fxaa, msaa x2 and x8 filtering i get really noticeable edges, especially when moving and really weird scaling and shaders in the distance. I have an rx 580 8gb.
Even on minecraft the landscape in the distance is a mess of pixels in some points
Examples: View: https://imgur.com/a/p59KdVi
FXAA and 2xMSAA are not that great for reducing the aliasing you are seeing at 1080p resolution. Render scaling in the games graphics options can increase the rendered resolution to a multiple of your set resolution to help reduce aliasing. You can reduce the aliasing with a higher resolution or higher anti-aliasing setting. Higher resolutions...
Maybe this is normal i am just stupid, but on many games with either fxaa, msaa x2 and x8 filtering i get really noticeable edges, especially when moving and really weird scaling and shaders in the distance. I have an rx 580 8gb.
Even on minecraft the landscape in the distance is a mess of pixels in some points
Examples: View: https://imgur.com/a/p59KdVi
FXAA and 2xMSAA are not that great for reducing the aliasing you are seeing at 1080p resolution. Render scaling in the games graphics options can increase the rendered resolution to a multiple of your set resolution to help reduce aliasing. You can reduce the aliasing with a higher resolution or higher anti-aliasing setting. Higher resolutions don't need as much anti-aliasing settings.

Solution
Jun 14, 2020
FXAA and 2xMSAA are not that great for reducing the aliasing you are seeing at 1080p resolution. Render scaling in the games graphics options can increase the rendered resolution to a multiple of your set resolution to help reduce aliasing. You can reduce the aliasing with a higher resolution or higher anti-aliasing setting. Higher resolutions don't need as much anti-aliasing settings.
how about those checkered patterns in the distance on some shadows, objects and grass?

how about those checkered patterns in the distance on some shadows, objects and grass?
If you mean in GTA5 on the grass and pay phone in the last screenshot, that is a not quite artifact, but I guess just part of how the graphics engine renders the game. There is nothing you can do about it as far as I know and many games have the same issue. I'm not sure if it goes away with higher resolutions.

Jun 14, 2020
If you mean in GTA5 on the grass and pay phone in the last screenshot, that is a not quite artifact, but I guess just part of how the graphics engine renders the game. There is nothing you can do about it as far as I know and many games have the same issue. I'm not sure if it goes away with higher resolutions.
ok so there is nothing really wrong on my side, thanks! i was playing on a 750ti before and i was using only lower graphics and more blurry rendering, so it was not as obvious. thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS