Question Weird ethernet connection

Mar 2, 2020
I have a strange problem with my ethernet connection. I get something steady around 11 ping, 260 download and 16 upload but i have problems playing games. This problem is fixed if i use a wireless connection but then i lose a lot of my download.

Ralston18

Titan
Just as an immediate observation/comment:

It appears that you are switching between wired and wireless - is that correct?

If so, remember that only one network adapter, either wired or wireless, should be enabled. Disable the unused network adapter.

Wireless is inherently slower than wired. You may regain some performance by changing wireless frequency and channels.

That said:

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Modem and router: makes and models? Connectivity? How many network devices?

Mar 2, 2020
specs of my pc:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Radeon RX 5700
Motherboard: AORUS B450M
wifi card: ASUS PCE-N

Thanks for the reply Ralston18.
I did what you suggested and i disabled the network adapter but it didn't solve the problem.
I think the problem is something with my pc because there are other pc's on the network that use wireless and wired, and they don't seem to get the same problem as me.
It's hard to explain exactly what the problem is but when i am in a discord call, they say my mic isn't working but i can still hear them. At that point i thought that it was just a problem with my mic so i tried to leave the call, but my picture was still in it so that meant that it had indeed something to do with my internet connection.
I dont have this problem every moment, most of the time it just works fine. But on some occasions everything goes wrong. Most of the time I am ingame and in discord with my brother and friends, but my brother still maintains his internet connection.
With that said I really hope that you have an idea with what's wrong with my wired connection.

When you leave the call on discord do you click to leave the call + you close the discussion tab at the left? if you do not leave the discussion your picture will stay there in the call window to the right.

What is your issue exactly in your games? I don't see any in your post.

Mar 2, 2020
Ingame the problem is that that my ping goes up to massive numbers like 500, and then i get timed out. So its just like I dont have internet, but speedtest tells me that everything is ok. That's why I dont understand it.

Ralston18

Titan
Have you tried another known working at speed ethernet cable?

Is your PC directly connected to the router or are there other components: ethernet wall outlets, switches, a second router, etc..

Are you able to switch your ethernet connection to your brother's computer and vice versa?

Determine if the problem follows your computer or stays with your connection.

On your computer try running "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-dns-cache-817514

Just a bit of "house cleaning" to eliminate possibilities.

You mentioned ping. Have you tried pathping and tracert? Run them all at various times targeting Google's website and the game site(s) you play.

Post what you identify as being representative/average results.

Someone may be able to spot a potential culprit.