Question Weird fan behaviour on Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC ?

Sal1ty05

Commendable
May 2, 2021
I just got this card a week ago and notice some weird behavior, like for instance, when I play csgo and it gets to 50'c sometimes only one fan turns on but if i stress test it all the fans turn on like normal but if i leave it on auto mode the third fan to the right runs 100 rpm more then the other two if i stress test it but if i put it on custom fan curve all three run normal. I've also notice that sometimes when i turn on my pc all the fans will run like normal for 10-15 secs then 2 on the far right will turn off but the one on the far left will stay on. I'm at a lost to either chalk it up as a bad software/firmware issue or there might be something wrong with the card.

I've also heard issues with the rgb causing issues with the fans and was recommended to turn them off.

What do you guys think?

Solution
In case all 4-pin cables are connected (sometimes ppl don't do that) then I would suggest using something like Afterbuner of Fan Control (any form of RPM sensor) and put it to the test. The card should be spinning all 3 fans at the same speed no matter what the temperature is (unless u make it all the way to boiling territory), so setting a curve speed should work just fine. Also try to fix this asap just in case u got a dud.

Rathnhake

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
In case all 4-pin cables are connected (sometimes ppl don't do that) then I would suggest using something like Afterbuner of Fan Control (any form of RPM sensor) and put it to the test. The card should be spinning all 3 fans at the same speed no matter what the temperature is (unless u make it all the way to boiling territory), so setting a curve speed should work just fine. Also try to fix this asap just in case u got a dud.

Solution