Question Weird fan noise from my 3060.

Dec 3, 2021
Hello.

I wanted to ask a question about the weird sounds coming from my GPU fan. I have been using my 3060 for 3 months, and a few weeks ago I noticed that my GPU fan has started making a noticeable humming sound when I was playing games or when the PC is idle. I thought that it just might be some coil whine and decided to clean the GPU fan of dust that managed to build up there. I got used to the sound and didnt pay attention to it. But today I noticed another weird noise from the fan. For some reason in random intervals my fan starts making a noise that i can compare to when a printer is printing paper or a power drill working at a very low RPM for a few seconds before goes away. I though that I might have troubles with the GPU itself but the performance in games didnt change at all and my temp was below 45-48 C° at 40% RPM on the fans stable. I spend alot of time in my PC (about 6-8 hours almost everyday) and i was wondering that this amount stress on the fan damaged it somehow or that there might be a problem in another component that affects the GPU, but every other component works fine. I red that its a normal thing for a fan to make a noise, but I am still a litle bit worried about it. I hope that someone can help me with it or give me an advice on what to do in this situation.

Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

There's only so much that can be explained with text, that you need to rely on other media to help explain a matter/situation. It's why we ask for an audio/video clip to help corroborate your findings and help us understand what you're going through.

On another note, please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Inspect the innards for any trailing wires that may be brushing up against the fan blades or if there's dirt/debris impeding the fan's rotation.

Dec 3, 2021
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but it looks like I have found the problem. Turns out that my fan got realy dirty again and I also didnt brush of the dust from one of the blade during my last check a week ago. After cleaning the noise has disappeared. Thank you for helping me! Sorry again for the inconvenience again!