[SOLVED] Weird Fan Noise

Stormhunt1

Honorable
Apr 28, 2014
Hey guys I've had my computer for about a month now and recently my fan has been making a weird noise while gaming, it seems to be coming from the top front fan in my system the noise only started happening with me today and I was wondering if anyone can by any chance be able to pinpoint the issue, I've attached a streamable link that will hopefully help with pinpointing the issue.

https://streamable.com/vop0n
(sounds like the beginning of an old dial up)

Thanks for your help.

PC SPECS:

GPU: ASUS STRIX 5700XT GAMING OC
CPU: RYZEN 3600X
RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT 16GB
PSU: 750W CORSAIR
MOBO: ASUS PRIME X570-P
FRONT 3 PC FANS: THERMALTAKE PURE PLUS 12 RGB

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Use a long cardboard tube or even a rolled up piece of paper to carefully listen around the fans.

Try to find a specific source or location for the noise.

Inspect the area for dirt, debris, cables touching the fans, etc..

Gently tighten the top fan screws - that may make a difference. The screws may have just loosened up a bit.

While inside the case take a look at all other cables and components to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place. Components do creep loose over time due to heating, cooling, and vibration.

Ralston18

Titan
Use a long cardboard tube or even a rolled up piece of paper to carefully listen around the fans.

Try to find a specific source or location for the noise.

Inspect the area for dirt, debris, cables touching the fans, etc..

Gently tighten the top fan screws - that may make a difference. The screws may have just loosened up a bit.

While inside the case take a look at all other cables and components to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place. Components do creep loose over time due to heating, cooling, and vibration.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS