Question Weird filling-burning black screen with R9 280

Phazoner

Distinguished
When my R9 280 has to start delivering image, it doesn't matter if starting the PC or turning on the screen after it turned off because of inactivity, it very unusually turn on a black screen which will slowly show a bluish burn-in.

You know when you have a dialog window or something with a gradient shadow, and click again, and the same window spawns over, and the gradient overlaps so it keeps going darker? Well, this effects looks like that. It's like it delivers a frame of bluish pixels, with a gradient intensity lowering from the bottom to the top. If I keep it turned on, this bluish will just keep intensifying, but the card won't recover. The system is still working, because if I let it be two minutes, the monitor turns off as usual, but if I try again, the black screen will still be there.

I've recently updated the drivers and the issue persists so I don't think there's the problem.

Dec 18, 2020
So have you tried disconnecting the card and running the system through your mobo to recreate it? Or maybe a different monitor? Just to isolate the problem?

If so, It sounds like your card may be cooking. If you turn your computer off for a while, that remedies the problem?

Phazoner

Distinguished
So have you tried disconnecting the card and running the system through your mobo to recreate it? Or maybe a different monitor? Just to isolate the problem?

If so, It sounds like your card may be cooking. If you turn your computer off for a while, that remedies the problem?
It's the card, I made the PC a downgrade (sold its 1070 expecting a price drop with Ampere's announcement) and plugged this old fighter. The PC hadn't any similar issues with the 1070 and neither with 6700k's IGPU. Turning it off and on again just solves it, and it's not about temperatures as this problem happens absolutely randomly without load, just when it has to start delivering video to the monitor.