Weird Flickering and Game Quits Unexpectedly

DankFrank

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
Recently I've been really annoyed about how whenever I play games the window flickers and does some really weird things. It randomly quits on me and moves around the task bar like this and if I minimize the game it won't open back up. For some reason CS:GO isn't affected but most other games have this issue.

I'm not sure if its relevant but it started happening after I accidentally installed some malware on my pc and got it all removed (hopefully) using this guide.

Running on Windows 10, any help is appreciated.

Solution
does this help? http://slashgenie.com/how-to-run-games-in-full-screen-mode-on-windows-10/

Do you Alt tab out of game a lot? If so, When you Go back, chose the game by hitting Alt enter from the list and its supposed to switch game to full screen mode (or that might just relate to the game which the forum I read solution on was talking about).

Many of the fixes seem to come from game makers, not Microsoft.

I didn't mention the malware as looking at software in the guide, it covers all the good names already so only way to be 100% sure after all those is a fresh install and I am not suggesting you need that. The graphics thing is probably unrelated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The taskbar shouldn't show up in game unless you not running full screen. You could set taskbar to auto hide.

i think its related to resolution changes in the game, a similar thing can happen to desktop icons though they just get displaced, they don't move back and forth as far as I can tell.

DankFrank

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

I usually play games in windowed mode but when I switched to full screen the taskbar flashes onto the screen whenever I left click and occasionally windows I have open on my desktop flash like this. Turning auto hide on didn't do anything as far as I could see.

Colif

Win 11 Master
does this help? http://slashgenie.com/how-to-run-games-in-full-screen-mode-on-windows-10/

Do you Alt tab out of game a lot? If so, When you Go back, chose the game by hitting Alt enter from the list and its supposed to switch game to full screen mode (or that might just relate to the game which the forum I read solution on was talking about).

Many of the fixes seem to come from game makers, not Microsoft.

I didn't mention the malware as looking at software in the guide, it covers all the good names already so only way to be 100% sure after all those is a fresh install and I am not suggesting you need that. The graphics thing is probably unrelated.

Solution