Question Weird flickering lines when in games

Aug 16, 2020
Hey guys, I'm new to posting on forums like these so sorry if this is in the wrong place. As of recent I've been getting weird glitchy looking graphics around some objects in the games I play. I'm horrible with computers so I apologize for the wording. I dont really know how else to explain it but I have a screenshot from a League of Legends game. Anyone know what might be causing this?

The overwatch picture is more accurate

those lines look familiar..... they are usually caused by a faulty graphics card driver..... you dont say what card you have... the problem you show does not happen very often these days but the reason it does happen is because their are lots of different versions of the same card . Example.... i have the zotac version of the gtx 1080 , somebody who has say the gigabyte version will use the same driver but it may not be suitable for that individual card.

Go to the nvidea website and choose drivers , use all the pull down tab to put in the details of your card to get the latest driver. Make a note of the driver number just in case you have a problem...... if you still have the problem after installing the latest driver then keep checking to see when a later one comes out.

Aug 16, 2020
those lines look familiar..... they are usually caused by a faulty graphics card driver..... you dont say what card you have... the problem you show does not happen very often these days but the reason it does happen is because their are lots of different versions of the same card . Example.... i have the zotac version of the gtx 1080 , somebody who has say the gigabyte version will use the same driver but it may not be suitable for that individual card.

Go to the nvidea website and choose drivers , use all the pull down tab to put in the details of your card to get the latest driver. Make a note of the driver number just in case you have a problem...... if you still have the problem after installing the latest driver then keep checking to see when a later one comes out.

Thank you for the quick reply. I updated my graphics driver yesterday (after this had started) but it was to a version from 2018 which was the latest version. I am using a laptop and I used the HP website to find and download the correct driver updates for my system through their automatic driver finder.

Im running on a
HP Pavilion - 15z-cd000 CTO

and my graphics card is an "AMD Radeon (TM) 535DX"
or "AMD Radeon R5 Graphics"

^ There were two options under display

Would the Nvidea website still be able to help me with an AMD graphics card?