Question Weird flickering rectangles only when playing CSGO

Dec 21, 2020
I am having an issue with playing Counterstrike: Global Offensive. Any time I load the game, I get flashing rectangles in a checkerboard pattern across my screen. I tried reinstalling drivers, changing graphics settings, validating steam files, etc. This is not happening in any other game (I am playing Cyberpunk on Ultra settings right now with no issue). Here is what the screen looks like when I load into the game: View: https://imgur.com/OsdBQ4I

Has anyone else experienced this issue/know what the problem is?

Specs
Processor: Intel i7-9700F 3.00GHz
16 GB RAM
GPU: NVIDIA 2060 Super

It's an IBUYPOWER prebuilt PC

Dec 21, 2020
I tried disabling overlays and reinstalling, though the issue persisted.

I followed these steps: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...eird-vertical-flashing-rectangles-on-monitor/
unfortunately after rebooting the final time and freshly installing the game, the issue still persisted.

I checked in my resource monitor and GPU memory usage is very low (0.8/8GB) while the game is playing. The only thing I tried afterwards that seemed to help temporarily is going into NVCP, in 3d Settings > Adjust image settings with preview setting "Use my preference emphasizing" to full performance.

The issue is now intermittent but it's no longer constant. Oddly in all the searching I've done online, I have not been able to find someone else who has posted about this issue. I really hope it's not just a bad GPU because it's a brand new prebuilt.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Dec 21, 2020
So after a month of this happening, I just bit the bullet and bought a new GPU. Somehow, on a brand new graphics card, this issue is persisting. I am at a complete loss as to where to go from here.

Dec 21, 2020
Yes, I tried putting it in windowed mode, fullscreen, changing aspect ratio/resolution, and turning all graphics settings to low.

My main monitor has a Displayport and the other monitor I tried it on is HDMI.