Question Weird Folder Called "iCloudDrive"

Dec 3, 2018
There is this folder in my C: drive (C:\Users\olive) called "iCloudDrive" which contains all my storage that's on my D: drive. When I remove this "iCloudDrive" folder, everything in my D: drive disappears. And any changes I make to my D: drive happens in the "iCloudDrive" folder. This is annoying because it is taking up space on my C: drive which has a small amount of storage to begin with.

Comparing Folders:
https://ibb.co/JdKmVn3
Showing "iCloudDrive" Folder:
https://ibb.co/N25m04T

Last edited by a moderator:
Often, things with cloud storage are 'mirrored' on a local drive (might need to be the C: drive for iCloud?), so that users may still make changes offline, which are synced /uploaded (or deleted) from/to cloud once internet connection is regained...

icloud is a removeable application in 'add/remove programs', however.....

Dec 3, 2018
Often, things with cloud storage are 'mirrored' on a local drive (might need to be the C: drive for iCloud?), so that users may still make changes offline, which are synced /uploaded (or deleted) from/to cloud once internet connection is regained...

icloud is a removeable application in 'add/remove programs', however.....
I used to have iCloud on my desktop, but I uninstalled it a while back. This folder seems to have been left here with no obvious way to remove it.

Are you sure this is an actual folder or is it just a virtual link to the files in the D drive? Without knowing how you configured the iCloud setup there is really no good way to tell you how to undo what you did. Check with iCloud/Apple support or FAQ for the program to see if you can find something.

Also, this forum does not allow bumping of threads to the top so please refrain from that.

Dec 3, 2018
Are you sure this is an actual folder or is it just a virtual link to the files in the D drive? Without knowing how you configured the iCloud setup there is really no good way to tell you how to undo what you did. Check with iCloud/Apple support or FAQ for the program to see if you can find something.

Also, this forum does not allow bumping of threads to the top so please refrain from that.
So I just re-installed iCloud to see if I could change any settings around to get rid of this folder. But nothing worked, and what puzzles me is that "iCloud" would have my secondary drive mirrored to my user directory with no obvious way to remove it.