Question weird fps bug

Sep 21, 2022
In apex i get low fps but when i replug my cord into the outlet its back to normal but the next day i have to do the same thing again, maybe some of you know the solution for this so that i wont need to keep doing it over and over again. In a game like rust it doesn't effect it but in most other games it effects it massively

It could be the wall outlet you're plugging your PC into (if that's what you meant) has severe corrosion, or too many devices plugged into it. Try another outlet to see if you can find one that doesn't cause such problems. You may need to have an electrician install a new outlet, or even do it yourself if you know how and own the home.

If it's an apartment and you find the outlet to be bad, report it to your landlord. They will no doubt be fully willing to replace it because such things can also be a fire hazard as well.

I once was in a friend's apt and plugged his floor lamp into an outlet and it suddenly got very hot and the bulb exploded. I told him to report it immediately to the landlord and they found the outlet to be faulty and replaced it.

These kind of things you don't want to let go, they can be very dangerous. If you hear a click when the PC shuts off, it's probably your PSU overload protection feature shutting it off.

Last edited:
No I use a desktop pc by cord I meant an extension cord. Can the extension cord maybe be the problem?
NEVER a good idea to use an extension cord on your PSU power cord. Instead, at most use a beefy power strip with surge protection, and I wouldn't go with one that has any longer cord than 6'. Also make sure it has a thick gauge cord with a 3 pronged plug.

As I also said above, it's best as well to not overload an outlet with all your electronics. For instance if there's a TV and AVR in the mix, put those on a separate one.