Jul 23, 2022
Laptop hooked up to external monitor suddenly drops to 20-40 fps while gaming. Unplugging and plugging charger back solves the issue, but it keeps repeating ?

This is my first time, so I'm not sure how detailed my post should be. Currently, I have a 2 .5 year old asus rog 531 that is connected to an external monitor from which I play. Usually, I get a decent amount of frames (140 -200) in most games that I play, but suddenly I am experiencing some weird fps drops. I see this problem especially when I play certain games like overwatch, apex and ark where this problem can occur almost every 30 seconds . The problem being that my game runs completely fine then gets a huge drop in frames.

A solution I have found is to unplug/replug the charger but it keeps repeating after like 40 seconds. I thought the problem was to do with temperature but 70 - 80 f does not seem to high. The battery setting is also usually high/ balanced as well. Any help would be much appreciated as it is very annoying trying to replug my laptop.

Laptop hooked up to external monitor suddenly drops to 20-40 fps while gaming. Unplugging and plugging charger back solves the issue, but it keeps repeating ?

This is my first time, so I'm not sure how detailed my post should be. Currently, I have a 2 .5 year old asus rog 531 that is connected to an external monitor from which I play. Usually, I get a decent amount of frames (140 -200) in most games that I play, but suddenly I am experiencing some weird fps drops. I see this problem especially when I play certain games like overwatch, apex and ark where this problem can occur almost every 30 seconds . The problem being that my game runs completely fine then gets a huge drop in frames.

A solution I have found is to unplug/replug the charger but it keeps repeating after like 40 seconds. I thought the problem was to do with temperature but 70 - 80 f does not seem to high. The battery setting is also usually high/ balanced as well. Any help would be much appreciated as it is very annoying trying to replug my laptop.
Hi I'm sorry for the late reply if you haveent already resolved your issue a few question I have, over the past few years have you been using the Asus website to make sure you're system and bios have been kept up to date? Aswell as have you been updating your graphics drives with the machine about every two months? Does the display get unplugged in at all?" If so how often this can cause wear and tear on ports