[SOLVED] Weird FPS issues

Sebastien32

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
Hi sorry if this has already been resolved but i did some searching on forums with people who have similar specs to mine and didn't find anything but no results reported back. I noticed that while running league of legends i noticed that im getting pretty shit frames compared to what i upgraded from.
I upgraded from a r9 260x to a rx 580
fx 8320 to a ryzen 5 2600
16gb ddr3 1600 to 16gb ddr4 3200
In league on max settings i get 70-99ish frames it bounces around. On low settings you would imagine that it would shoot up? naw it doesn't it cruises in the 70 zone. My drivers are up to date I have nothing in background that would make a impact to my fps most of em are suspended cause im not even tabbed in. And also after that upgrade you would think that you would get more frames naw im crusing in the same frame zone. Is there something im missing ik overclocking would make a difference but I don't wanna go into that unless im struggling to run a game and that doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon considering that games are still running on cpu's from the fx series.

Solution
I didn't but I did factory reset the windows getting rid of all the data.
That's not enough to prevent conflicting drivers with the old motherboard. Every time you change the motherboard, unless it's identical, you'll want to do a clean install of Windows. Doing so prevents previous software/drivers from interfering with new software and causing performance issues. Once Windows is installed then you'll want to get the new drivers for the motherboard and GPU, may even require a motherboard BIOS update for memory compatibility/stability.

WildCard999

Titan
I didn't but I did factory reset the windows getting rid of all the data.
That's not enough to prevent conflicting drivers with the old motherboard. Every time you change the motherboard, unless it's identical, you'll want to do a clean install of Windows. Doing so prevents previous software/drivers from interfering with new software and causing performance issues. Once Windows is installed then you'll want to get the new drivers for the motherboard and GPU, may even require a motherboard BIOS update for memory compatibility/stability.

Solution

Sebastien32

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
Ohhhh okay I will give it a shot in the morning eastern time and report back the result need to save a few things.

TRENDING THREADS