Question weird freeze/loading screen pc rtx 3080

Oct 31, 2022
I have a weird issue right now and iam wondering if it is a DLSS setting problem.
I just bought an RTX 3080 and i have installed all the latest drivers.
Im playing the latest games for pc such as Spider-man remastered and uncharted lost legacy.

I noticed that when i enabled the dlss setting, after a while during the game, the image freezes. If i minimize the game and then open in in full window, the game continue normally. This happens only in spiderman.

In uncharted on the other hand, during the game, randomly i get a black screen with a loading cursor in the middle for seconds and then the image reappears again. But when this happens, the game lags a little bit and i fix it by toggling the window from bordless to full window.

Do you know why this is happening?

If so how did you guys fix it ?

I play on 4K resolution with G-sync and 120 refresh rate. Driver version 526.47

FULL SPECS:

Inter Core 12900k
Z690 UD AX
32GB DRR5
RTX 3080 MSI GAMING TRIO 10GB
Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 1TB
PSU 1000W PLATINUM CORSAIR

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your full build. Please be sure to include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. To add, please mention the GPU prior to the RTX3080. BIOS version for your motherboard?

version 526.47?

I have a weird issue right now and iam wondering if it is a DLSS setting problem.
Im playing the latest games for pc such as Spider-man remastered and uncharted lost legacy.

I noticed that when i enabled the dlss setting, after a while during the game, the image freezes. If i minimize the game and then open in in full window, the games continues normally. This happens only in spiderman.

In uncharted on the other hand, during the game, randomly i get a black screen with a loading cursor in the middle for seconds and then the image reappears again. But when this happens, the game lags a little bit and i fix it by toggling the window from bordless to full window.

Hello, please provide the full system specs, name and brand of every component.

What was your old GPU?, Did this old GPU ever have any problme with DLSS active?

Whats you gaming resolution?, Im guessing must be 4K cause you need DLSS with an RTX 3080?

Oct 31, 2022

I noticed that when i enabled the dlss setting, after a while during the game, the image freezes. If i minimize the game and then open in in full window, the game continue normally. This happens only in spiderman.

I play on 4K resolution with G-sync and 120 refresh rate. Driver version 526.47

FULL SPECS:

Inter Core 12900k
Z690 UD AX
32GB DRR5
RTX 3080 MSI GAMING TRIO 10GB
Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 1TB
PSU 1000W PLATINUM CORSAIR