Weird freezes when I launch some games/software

May 18, 2018
Hello! Since few months, I got weird freezes with my computer when I launch some games or softwares ...

It's difficult to explain, for example, when I launch Sims 4 for the first time of the day, and I quit for play Doom2, there's like a .... "freeze" wich show me a kind of screen capture of the previous game, here Sims4 ... They last about 5/7 seconds each time (here it's an example, happened with Crusasder Kings2, Serious Sam, Counter Strike, ....)

Here my configuration: GTX 1050Ti, I5 4690K 16GB ram

Of course, everything is up-to-date, I tried to reinstall graphic and CPU drivers, but nothing .... Somebody can help me? Thanks!

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I tried to do my best, I hope you will understand

nagazai

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
That's probably your HD or memory failing. Are they new? If they are old , that might be it.
Then it could be windows problems. When was the last formatting? Usually if you use the same windows for too long, small problems starts to build up.

May 18, 2018

Hello, thanks for your answer. It seems that I found a solution, when I launch games in fullscreen mode, there's no freezes :/

Nope, I built up my PC in 2013/2014, I just upgrade CPU, motherboard and GPU, my HD is the same. However, I got randoms 5/7 seconds freezes in new games (Assassin's Creed Origins, for example), so I don't know :/

My Windows is new, I bought a licence in May 2017.

Latest posts