Question Weird GPU Problem

Feb 13, 2019
I’ve been using my PC problem free for the last 5 months. But recently my PC would turn on (LEDs and fans turn on), but it would show no display. But when I change the GPU to the other PCIE slot it showed display and it would perfectly. But after turning off the PC and turning it back on, the problem would return. I tried the old PCIE slot and it would work again, but after a restart the problem would return. I tried taking out the CMOS battery and putting back in, resetting the ram slots, and resetting the GPU but the problem would come back.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6BMgfH

Usually I would say to clear the CMOS and reload the BIOS, but it sounds like you've done that. But just to be sure, how long did you take the battery out and did you need to tell it to load the BIOS after doing this? If not, take the battery out for longer, or look to see if there are a couple of jumper pins marked as CMOS clear, which you short together.

Feb 13, 2019
Usually I would say to clear the CMOS and reload the BIOS, but it sounds like you've done that. But just to be sure, how long did you take the battery out and did you need to tell it to load the BIOS after doing this? If not, take the battery out for longer, or look to see if there are a couple of jumper pins marked as CMOS clear, which you short together.
I took out the battery for about 5 minutes. I do have the CMOS clear pins and I already tried that.

TRENDING THREADS