Weird graphics effect (like rubber banding)

pianodomkop

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013
Hello, everyone!

I'm having this weird issue since a few months where the camera in games seems to go slower than the object/character it is following. It almost looks like rubber banding but it is not internet related. I have this issue with Rocket League, Fortnite, Mad Max, Dead Island and Final fantasy 15. Games like CSGO and FIFA are the only ones working still fine. Please have a look at this video of the problem.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwwNhZIcoTg&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or know what this issue is called?

My system:
FX-8350 (temperature is fine, I checked)
MSI r9-290 gaming 4gb
8 gb RAM (2x4)
ASRock 990FX Extreme
1tb HDD

Solution
As to the problem at hand. If you have not tried a completely fresh install (do it on a spare HDD so you don't lose everything you currently have), try that. If that doesn't do anything, then the problem is likely throttling of the GPU/CPU, which the temps would definitely suggest this as a real possibility. I also wonder if the possibility of an internal clock not working properly, would mess up the time sequence of the games, but the fact that some games are still working fine, leads me to believe it's more likely throttling.

pianodomkop

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013

I am using a quite cheap iiyama monitor, 1920x1080/60hz/2ms. GPU is connected with hdmi to the monitor. Fps is stable, 45-55 fps.

Here is a video with fraps
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJgB-JaLOjA&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

And here are the screenshots of afterburner during the benchmark. One thing that looks interesting is the yellow line in "pagefile usage". I don't know what it means though.

G20fnLr.png

KTfXkfo.png

Is there anything else I can provide you to help me? Thanks in advance!

pianodomkop

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013

Also, my temperature is stable at 93 degrees celsius, I know it is a lot but that should be okay right?

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008

93C video card temp? That's too high and will cause the video card to clock down. That's also high for a CPU temp.

pianodomkop

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013

It is not too high, gpu's can go up to 120, we are talking summer temperatures over here, also, it's been running on this temp way before these issues started. This winter the problem also was a thing, and during winter the temp never exceeded 80. As for my cpu, it's an AMD fx8350, so it will get way hotter than any intel processors. However, I never claimed my cpu to go over 90 degrees, i wasa talking about my gpu. My cpu starts throttling at 70 degrees and during the benchmarks it was around 60 degrees. No throttling on that end.

93C is going to cause throttling. It's too hot. While the GPU may be capable of going higher without frying, the software does not like it above 83C. Anything higher, and the GPU will attempt to do anything it can to get the temp down, including throttling, which may cause stuttering.

pianodomkop

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013

The thing however is, that I tried capping the fps at Mad Max, it ran about 150-180 fps at first, so I capped it at 60 (not vsync, actual capping with radeon pro) and the problem still persisted, I really doubt the temp is the problem because I own this pc since 2014 and never had this issue before, it only started a few months ago (also at times the temp wasn't this high)

pianodomkop

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013

I did not try that yet, what is ddu?

edit: I just googeled it, I used ddu to reinstall my drivers, it did not work unfortunately. Sidequestion, I see in afterburner during the benchmark that my gpu temp rises from about 40 to 94 in literally 6 seconds, is that normal? and when i exit the benchmark drops back to around 40, also in a matter of like 6-8 seconds.

93C isn't even common in reference designs. 83C is the number you see on Reference designs. That's the point where they ramp the fan to 100% if they have to, and by 93C it is going to throttle a fair bit.

As to the problem at hand. If you have not tried a completely fresh install (do it on a spare HDD so you don't lose everything you currently have), try that. If that doesn't do anything, then the problem is likely throttling of the GPU/CPU, which the temps would definitely suggest this as a real possibility. I also wonder if the possibility of an internal clock not working properly, would mess up the time sequence of the games, but the fact that some games are still working fine, leads me to believe it's more likely throttling.

Solution