[SOLVED] Weird GTA V lag on decent PC

Solution
A good frame limiter will do the trick go to the place where you get those lags the most often and reduce your FPS until the lags stop
or just use vsync if you always get above 60FPS.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
In general, the Intel i3 8100 will not be a bottleneck for GTX 1060 6GB with most of the modern titles. Those newer games that actually get CPU bottleneck will be playable and your maximum fps will not be very high.

High CPU usage even with highly multi-threaded CPU models is a trait of open-world games. Good examples are GTA V and Assassins Creed: Origins which will run +60fps most of the time.
The i3 8100 is an 8th-gen Intel CPU and it provides reasonably-high clock speed with four physical CPU cores. I would recommend pairing it with a motherboard that can utilize a bit faster ram memory such as DDR4 2600MHz.

Richard_268

Honorable
Jul 6, 2017
In general, the Intel i3 8100 will not be a bottleneck for GTX 1060 6GB with most of the modern titles. Those newer games that actually get CPU bottleneck will be playable and your maximum fps will not be very high.

High CPU usage even with highly multi-threaded CPU models is a trait of open-world games. Good examples are GTA V and Assassins Creed: Origins which will run +60fps most of the time.
The i3 8100 is an 8th-gen Intel CPU and it provides reasonably-high clock speed with four physical CPU cores. I would recommend pairing it with a motherboard that can utilize a bit faster ram memory such as DDR4 2600MHz.
The game has lag spikes build in you will have to manually tweak the threads it runs.
Since rockstar blindly banns people for the smallest reasons I would not suggest you to try this,at least not while online.
How to make GTA V run smoother.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8DQl_VRiPw
Is there any simpler fixes which I may be able to use?