Question Weird horizontal lines on my monitor

Mar 14, 2019
I seem to be having a problem where I see red horizontal lines appearing on my monitor when I'm at 60 hertz, when I go down to 30 hertz they seem to go away, along with blue horizontal lines near the top of my monitor (when at 60 hertz, they go 'away' at 30 hertz as far as I've seen). I have an ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" Full HD 1920x1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor with 980 GTX TI, I've tried seeing if it was a loose cable but to no avail, they're firmly connected with an HDMI to HDMI cable. Was wondering if anyone had any similar issues or knows a good fix to this as I can't really tell. Some other miscellaneous info if it'll help. My processor is Intel core I7-4790K CPU @ 4.00 GHz, I have a good cooling system so my temps aren't a problem. Another thing is I've used this monitor on a previous computer and these red horizontal lines didn't show up ever. They also seem to show up when starting up the cpu.

Mar 12, 2019
I seem to be having a problem where I see red horizontal lines appearing on my monitor when I'm at 60 hertz, when I go down to 30 hertz they seem to go away, along with blue horizontal lines near the top of my monitor (when at 60 hertz, they go 'away' at 30 hertz as far as I've seen). I have an ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" Full HD 1920x1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor with 980 GTX TI, I've tried seeing if it was a loose cable but to no avail, they're firmly connected with an HDMI to HDMI cable. Was wondering if anyone had any similar issues or knows a good fix to this as I can't really tell. Some other miscellaneous info if it'll help. My processor is Intel core I7-4790K CPU @ 4.00 GHz, I have a good cooling system so my temps aren't a problem. Another thing is I've used this monitor on a previous computer and these red horizontal lines didn't show up ever. They also seem to show up when starting up the cpu.
Nearly always a driver issue. Make sure you have the correct driver. If you don't, download and install it. If you do, delete it from device manager and select DELETE THE DRIVER as well. Then RELOAD the new driver BEFORE you reboot, otherwise, Windows will try to load what it determines is best and you'll just have to start over again. Good luck?