Question Weird horizontal white lines on ACER KG1 24" monitor

Oct 27, 2021
Hi,

I have been using this ACER KG1 Monitor for almost 2 years and suddenly the unit developed these white horizontal lines below the screen.

Here's how it looks at a distance.

rYyvpnv.jpg

Here's how it looks on pixel close up.

kHjyxmK.jpg

Started as a single line then yesterday another line appeared just above it. Tested a different monitor and it does not appear on it so it is surely a hardware issue
Is this worth sending to a shop to fix or might as well buy a new one?

Thanks,

Dale

Oct 27, 2021
this is still fixable..its actually low cost repair (if you decide to use repair shop)
otherwise youtube is full of "how to repair lines on lcd" which consists of putting pressure/glue on contacts
Thanks for your response, I'll try brining this to the shop and have it repaired.

Nov 1, 2021
Thanks for your response, I'll try brining this to the shop and have it repaired.
Try turning HDR off and then back on, if it's impossible to see the desktop try turning the monitor off then back on a few times, mpc/monitor started this after a driver update a few months ago and has carried through a graphic card change, but either using the method I have described or rebooting clears it until the next time it goes into sleep mode for a few hours.

Oct 27, 2021
Try turning HDR off and then back on, if it's impossible to see the desktop try turning the monitor off then back on a few times, mpc/monitor started this after a driver update a few months ago and has carried through a graphic card change, but either using the method I have described or rebooting clears it until the next time it goes into sleep mode for a few hours.
Hi,
My monitor has no HDR support though tried turning [the monitor] on and off but the lines still persist.
Thanks for the tip though.

Last edited: