Question Weird internal GPU issue

Aug 17, 2019
Had some weird issues lately on my backup computer (HP ProBook 440 G4)
Running windows 10 Pro 64bit
After a random amount of use my screen turns black and glitches out. And one of 4 happens.
1 Screen freezes on a mishmash of part of my currently active windows and I am forced to reset computer
2 all apps and tabs before issue are in task manager and alt tab, but will not display while new tabs do and the "nondisclosed" Ram use seem tho have increased significantly.
3 Screen resolution is randomly changed and the "nondisclosed" Ram use seem to have increased significantly
4 No discernable issue except that again the "nondisclosed" Ram use seem to have increased significantly
Checked everything I can think of, No malware Ram HD or other component issues, updated and reinstalled every concealable driver 3 times and they all seem to check out
Not sure but Suspect the issue has to do with my Integrated GPU *Intel HD graphics 620
Intell test site and other test software claim it works correctly and uses around 1gb, but DX says it uses 128mb, and changing on it in the Bios seems to have no effect on either of these results. The fun part is it barely occurs when I run games but usually does so if I Browse, use office apps or do some simple photo editing.
Will replace it later this Year, but would still be nice with some suggestions as it is driving me batty.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
It could be that the psu is glitching out and in the process is frying your other components.

Does it run hot, when you touch the bottom of the laptop is it hot after you've run it for a while? If so some undermounted fans for laptops are a very good idea. And it would be something that you could and should use on your next laptop.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Well it's a simple rule of thumb and not always right, but problems on boot, such as hanging up and resetting, are usually power. BSODs are and problems while operational are usually mobo or gpu. In a laptop it's hard to check these components so the prognosis is not good. :( Greg N