jamesstraka5

Prominent
Sep 25, 2018
I have this issue where it seems like my internet cuts out but nobody else in my household has any similar issues so i'm starting to believe it is some sort of weird hardware issue.I am using a desktop connected via Ethernet cables. Ok so after it cuts out nobody can hear me -in discord/team speak- (I can hear other people, sometimes) I can also still send messages sometimes for some odd reason. I also get disconnected and cannot connect to games until whatever it is finishes fucking up and returns to normal.This happens every 2-3 minutes. And when it finishes fucking up you can hear me again and then I can connect to games again until it breaks down again. Only happens when in discord talking with someone and playing a game at the same time (may be coincidental). I got a new network card a while back to try and fix this issue and I think it just ended up fixing itself at some point, but now (after a year or something) the issue is returning. I ran ccleaner/malwarebytes and tried to update the network card drivers. Just throwing this out there, seems like a complex issue and not sure if anyone has any ideas of what is could be.Let me know if anyone needs specs/test data.

you have something creating too many connections. when they close the go into a 300 second timeout before they can be reused.
start cmd.exe or powershell.exe as an admin then run
netstat.exe -b -a
it should show the connections and its state and then name of the program that created the connection.
look for a program creating a lot of connections then stop programs that you don't want to be running.

jamesstraka5

Prominent
Sep 25, 2018

Hey thanks a million man, did not even think about something like this haha. I will definitely end some programs and hopefully that will clear things up. Thanks again John

jamesstraka5

Prominent
Sep 25, 2018
Still having this issue to this day lol starting to get on my nerves and have tried everything to fix it, so coming here again. I have a bit more information about it now. I think it is affecting the entire network as my brother is also having the same issue at the same time. When the internet is having this issue I can send and receive messages on discord and I can hear my friends on discord but they cant hear me. I get disconnected from any game i am playing. I can even watch twitch streams in full 1080p although i do get a error as soon as the cut out happens and i have to refresh the page. This internet "cut-out" persists for about 5-25 minutes. I should probably make a new post but I thought this post may have some relevant information (although some of it has been disproven by me). I have tried fiddling with the router settings with no luck, Internet provider says the connection should be fine. johnbl idea did not work it seems to always happen regardless of the programs open. Ugh this is impossible to fix hopefully someone can help me :). Should I replace my router? I have a lot of switches in-between the router and my computer could this be causing a problem? Should I list some more information about my internet equipment? Also can someone move my post to the network section?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts