[SOLVED] Weird internet speed

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
So I'm currently having a 300mbps plan. Wifi card I'm using is TP-Link Archer T9E, router is Tenda AC18 and Im using 5Ghz wireless connection. Speedtest (direct speedtest with my ISP) shows only around 50-90mbps speed. But, when I'm downloading games from steam, the speed is 20mb/s (where I should actually getting around 8-10mb/s real download speed with the result of the speedtest). Games download from steam went smoothly and keeps around 20mbps, but when I'm watching twitch, it even spikes at 720P60 resolution. So, what could possibly go wrong actually?

Solution
I get the same speedtest and same performance with what I get from WIFI using LAN connection.
OK, then start with a factory reset of the T9E router. Set just the admin password, WIFI SSID/password and any REQUIRED ISP info. Then retest.
Also replace the cable between the router and modem with a new one.

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
OK, then start with a factory reset of the T9E router. Set just the admin password, WIFI SSID/password and any REQUIRED ISP info. Then retest.
Also replace the cable between the router and modem with a new one.

Sorry for late update, but yea I found the problem. It was my ISP problem haha. Thanks for helping me by the way :D