Question Weird issue shortly after startup... Can't open any program

M05

Oct 17, 2019
Hey Guys,

I have weird problems with my self-build system since months actually, so here I am.

Before I tell you the issues here are my PC components:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus Prime X470
4x8 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB (yeah I know they run in dual channel...)
Gigabyte RX 5700XT Gaming OC
550 Watt Seasonic Gold
(Hyper 212 Evo Black)

Issue No. 1: When I start up my pc I CAN open any program for like 30 seconds. After that I can't open my browser or any program neither from the taskbar nor from the explorer. I can open the explorer and also the task manager but nothing else. Also I cannot open the startmenu or the searchbar, if I click either of it those icons disappear form the taskbar.

My second issue might have to do with my graphics card (just speculation). Sometimes my screens turn black from top to bottom, and after 2-3 seconds they come back up. And today I when I was gaming, my screens both froze, I could still hear the game sounds, but when I turned my monitors off and on again they didnt get a signal. I had to turn off the PC with the long press on the power button.

Until a few weeks ago, I also had memory bluescreens. sfc showed that something was wrong, but it couldn't fix it. The bluescreens now disappeared out of some reason. I have since then tried different RAM "constellations" And they all had the startup issue, so I'm thinking it might be with my Mainboard, but I'm clueless...

I've already tried several other things... I used multiple Anti Virus softwares but they couldn't find anything.

Maybe somebody had similar issues resolved or somebody could help me with that...

Thanks in Advance

Moses

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that Seasonic PSU?

Have you opened the case for cleaning and to reseat cards and cables. Ensure that the case is not full of dust and that all cables, cards, jumpers, and RAM are fully and firmly in place.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond to the times of the stated problems.

Are you able to boot the computer into Safe Mode? If so, what happens?

Windows 10? You might try running the built-in troubleshooters or "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

M05

Oct 17, 2019
So first of all, I don't have any restore points that old, since its been like that a few months now, I just didnt get around fixing it yet.

My PSU is basically brand new, I bought it in July, I might be able to return it but I don't know if that is actually it.

My Case is very clean, I also forgot to mention (oops, didn't think I'd forget that) that I have my c drive on an M.2 SSD (Corsair MP510 256GB) and a second game drive, also M.2 (Patriot Scorch 512GB) and then an old 2TB hardrive from my previous system. an OS was never installed on the HDD.

So yeah, my reliability history had something like this :/

Quelle
Windows

Zusammenfassung
Hardwarefehler

Datum
‎28.‎09.‎2019 12:14

Status
Nicht berichtet

Beschreibung
Aufgrund eines Hardwareproblems ist Windows nicht mehr voll funktionsfähig.

Problemsignatur
Problemereignisame: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffd50c6ac56050
Parameter 2: fffff8032531077c
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 2f90
Betriebssystemversion: 10_0_18362
Service Pack: 0_0
Produkt: 256_1
Betriebsystemversion: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Sorry, it's partly in german. The "main" event is that windows found a hardware error. the error name is "LiveKernelEvent". I do not know what that exactly means, so maybe you could help with that again?