Weird issue to power on the computer

Brajesh Thankamony

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
I have a very strange incident happening for 6 months now.
Computer works perfectly fine until I power it off in Windows...Then it shuts down normally...If I press power button again on the cabinet it doesn't turn on....Now my computer is connected to ups....Now if I turn off the ups and turn it back on...My computer turns on automatically without even pressing the power button on the cabinet...I been using this method to power on the computer till now...I even removed the UPS and connected the PSU to main supply...And tried pressing the power on button in cabinet but it doesn't turn on .....Is it my PSU fault ? But windows runs perfectly....After turning on and i game at 4k resolution with gtx 1080 ti all maxed with overclock and it's very smooth not even once computer has crashed....Is it the motherboard at fault ? 3 months back one of my ram stick stopped working all of a sudden after i did a bios update...And now 2 days back again updated bios....This time no display after that...I RMA the motherboard and the they said the bios is corrupted and they fixed it....Will a corrupted bios do these kind of weird way of powering on the pc ? Or should I RMA my PSU as well ?

Solution

Yeah, the motherboard is what everything connects to so it's pretty important. A faulty motherboard can ruin everything. I suggest you wait for it to come back as there is high chances this will fix your issue.

Yeah, the motherboard is what everything connects to so it's pretty important. A faulty motherboard can ruin everything. I suggest you wait for it to come back as there is high chances this will fix your issue.

Solution

Brajesh Thankamony

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Thank you will wait for the MB to comeback