Question Weird issue when waking up PC from Sleep mode ?

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Hello all.

When I wake my PC from Sleep mode with either a keyboard or mouse button press, my PC will wake up as it should, except it will not send a display signal to my tv until I either press a mouse button a second time, or until I press the power button on my PC. Only then, will a signal be sent to my tv.
I had also found that this will happen each and every time I wake my PC from sleep mode before turning on my tv, and about 50% of the time doing so after turning on my tv.

Additionally, this never happens after rebooting my PC, or powering up my PC from a shut-down, so I figure it is either power related, or a Win 11 bug with sleep mode.
I had tried power cycling the tv, reseating the gpu, changing the hdmi cable (current one is certified 2.1), disabling fast boot and making sure hybrid sleep and hibernate were off.

It is not too big of an issue for me personally, more curious than anything. And does have me worried if it is a power related issue.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, age, wattage?

Make and model TV?

What, if any, power saving or sleep options are available via the TV's menu's.

Are you able to test using another known working TV or monitor?

Determine if the problem stays with the computer or follows the display.

Lastly: take a peek in Reliability History. Reliability History may be capturing some error code, warning, or even an informational event at the time of the first failed display signal. Or note something else at the time of the second button press or other action.

Event Viewer will also present similar information - just not as user friendly.....

FYI from within this Forum:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-use-windows-10-event-viewer.2752289/

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Aside from the age, the information you are requesting is under my "current specs" in my signature.
The age of the PSU is 1 month. All power saving and sleep options on the tv are disabled. Fast boot in both my pc bios and my tv options are also disabled.
I do not have another tv or monitor. However, my old pc (which I no longer have) did not have this issue running on Win 10 with the same gpu, display cable and tv.

I'll look into Reliability History and Event Viewer.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Update:
Reliability History showed nothing seemingly related to this issue.
However, in Event Viewer, I see multiple Warning entries for the following:
"The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x2491f7fffff, got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available."

Out of all recent Errors and Warnings under System, this was the only Warning and the only entry related to power.

Last edited: