Weird issue with Graphic Card!

Aug 4, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my PC. It doesn't recognize the Graphic Card. I tried the same GPU in another PC and it works fine. But when I connect it in my PC nothing is shown in monitor, just black.

This is the information about my PC and other components:

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5630 @ 2.53Ghz
Installed memory (RAM): 16GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor

System Manifacturer : Supermicro
System Model: X8DT3
BIOS: Supermicro X8DT3/i/(-(LN4)(F))
BIOS Date: 03/17/12 15:50:21 Ver 2.1

Not working GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5670

Actually it recognize it in Device Manger under Display adapters but when you connect VGA or DVI on it nothing happens, nothing comes in monitor. When connecting VGA in default motherboard graphic card(one called Matrox something) it works.

Any idea what it may be?

I tried to update BIOS but looks like the one installed is latest one.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm curious to ask, what the make and model of your PSU is? On the donor system to test out the HD5670, what's the make and model of the PSU? Better yet what are the specs of both system's?

Does the GPU work on the other PCI-E slots? Your manual says you have 3 at your disposal. There should be a number above the PCI-E slot to differentiate the slot number, i.e 4/5/6. I'm asking to drop it into Slot 4.

Aug 4, 2018
Just in case if someone needs help. I have fixed the issue which took me about 2 days actually. The issue had to do with jumpers in mobo. By default jumpers JI²C1 and JI²C2 next to CMOS battery are disabled and you should switch the jumper settings from 2-3 to 1-2 to enable PCI-Express slots. Meanwhile onboard VGA is enabled by default and you should disable it by switching the jumper JPG1 setting from 1-2 to 2-3. After doing those changes my GPU is finally working.