Question Weird issue with laptop keyboard

mati1234

Commendable
Mar 28, 2018
I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 15ich. About a month ago i started having some issues with my keyboard where it would mostly work perfectly fine but every hour or so my W key would be very hard to work with: sometimes it would almost completly stop working, i'd have to re-press it multiple times or it would work only if i pressed it from certain angles. Other times it would stop working if i pressed R, Q, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, it would work again if i let go of these keys. This would last for like a minute or so after which my keyboard would go back to working fine again and the issue would reappear after some time has passed. Now the thing is that for the last two weeks i stopped having this issue but it was replaced with something else. Now if i hold down my W key for a little while then after letting go it will still act as if it's pressed. I think it only happens when my laptop reaches some higher temperatures. I tried removing my W and cleaning it to no effect. What is going on? Am i playing a lottery of keyboard issues?

Ralston18

Titan
May well be a physical keyboard problem. Temperature could be a factor.....

However, there are some things you can do to eliminate other possibilities:

1) Reinstall the keyboard driver's via Lenovo's website.

2) Run Window's "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Just to resolve possible Windows issues:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

3) Look in Reliability History; Windows may be capturing some error codes, etc. that relate to the keyboard issues or some buggy software running in the background.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS