Question Weird issue with my brand new keyboard

boogie_1987

Reputable
Mar 2, 2018
Hi.

The "Backspace" key of my brand new CK550 won't respond sometimes. It won't register like 2 out of 100 presses or inputs. Right now as I'm writing this, the key is working perfectly fine but I'm sure it will start doing it again during the day.

I might be wrong but this issue feels like a software problem, rather than a hardware problem, but I don't know, it feels like it is some kind of lag, like a delay.

I wouldn't want to send it back because it's the only one I have and that would affect my daily work. Besides The issue is hard to replicate, it just happens right out of the blue.

Any ideas of what could be happening?. Is this a common issue on mechanical keyboards?.

Thanks!.

Hi.

The "Backspace" key of my brand new CK550 won't respond sometimes. It won't register like 2 out of 100 presses or inputs. Right now as I'm writing this, the key is working perfectly fine but I'm sure it will start doing it again during the day.

I might be wrong but this issue feels like a software problem, rather than a hardware problem, but I don't know, it feels like it is some kind of lag, like a delay.

I wouldn't want to send it back because it's the only one I have and that would affect my daily work. Besides The issue is hard to replicate, it just happens right out of the blue.

Any ideas of what could be happening?. Is this a common issue on mechanical keyboards?.

Thanks!.
SW issue would manifest itself with all keys, when it's only one and intermittent at that, would be contacts on that particular one.

boogie_1987

Reputable
Mar 2, 2018
SW issue would manifest itself with all keys, when it's only one and intermittent at that, would be contacts on that particular one.

I didn't think about that, if that's the case I think my question is pretty much solved. Still reluctant to send it back, the issue is not easily triggered. Cooler Master won't bother testing this sneaky issue. Maybe I should wait for it to get worse, then send it back. :(