[SOLVED] Weird issues with BT and Xboxb One controller Win 10

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Hello
I am using an Xbox One BT controller with my PC for 2 years, I connect it via a generic USB BT dongle.
Since about 1 month controls are not accurate at all, and with some games like Horizon New Dawn it will cause huge fps drops!!
I am using my old Xbox 360 gamepad now with it's adapter but I would like to know how to fix the issue with the Xboxb One BT
Yesterday I updated the driver from ''xinput controller'' driver to Ms xbox wireless driver but the issues are still there
Is it my dongle the culprit and should I buy a branded one?

Solution
A replacement will probably be needed. But you still have things you can try.

One easy immediate thing you can do is to manually download the applicable drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

=======

Those small dongles can and do degrade over time. Often one sign of degradation is faltering performance. Another sign is they tend to get warm or even hot.

If the dongle's ability to receive or ( more importantly) transmit falters then the device needs to re-transmit and that also starts increasing the rate of degradation,

Try using a USB extension cable to connect the BT dongle to the computer versus direct insertion into a USB port.

The extension cable will allow you to move the dongle up...

Ralston18

Titan
A replacement will probably be needed. But you still have things you can try.

One easy immediate thing you can do is to manually download the applicable drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

=======

Those small dongles can and do degrade over time. Often one sign of degradation is faltering performance. Another sign is they tend to get warm or even hot.

If the dongle's ability to receive or ( more importantly) transmit falters then the device needs to re-transmit and that also starts increasing the rate of degradation,

Try using a USB extension cable to connect the BT dongle to the computer versus direct insertion into a USB port.

The extension cable will allow you to move the dongle up and away from the host PC.

Likely improved reception and transmission plus "cooler" air.

May or may not prove successful depending on the condition of the current dongle.

Reactions: Jeff_120
Solution