Question Weird issues with right audio channel with Klipsch promedia 2.1?

MBurner

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
I know nothing about speakers or audio settings or anything like that so I'm completely in the dark here but I'll try explaining this the best I can.

Just hooked up a new speaker system and for some reason under normal conditions I get nothing out of the right audio channel. However for some reason while messing around in the realtek audio manager I toggled the "amplifier setting" from "front panel" to "auto switch" and for some reason that makes the right audio channel work, however this doesn't seem to be a permanent solution as every time my pc restarts it goes back to front panel and no right speaker.

The speaker itself works as I can also swap the connections between the two and it's always just the right channel, the right channel does work somehow since i can toggle the amplifier setting and get something to come out, if I plug the audio jack into my phone I can get the audio perfectly and if I plug my headphones into the rear audio port I can hear everything normally. It's just for some reason if I plug the speakers into my PC then I can't get the right audio to work without having to flip this "amplifier setting" first.

I have no idea whats happening.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This may not be related to your PC. The ProMedia set has a high rate of issue which is reflected both in reviews as well as the availability of them "refurbished" a lot. I don't really know how to tell you to make that determination aside from possibly returning these and trying with another set.

Honestly a bit of a shame as I am a fan of Klipsch and use their Reference series for my home audio. They sound so nice.

MBurner

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
This may not be related to your PC. The ProMedia set has a high rate of issue which is reflected both in reviews as well as the availability of them "refurbished" a lot. I don't really know how to tell you to make that determination aside from possibly returning these and trying with another set.

Honestly a bit of a shame as I am a fan of Klipsch and use their Reference series for my home audio. They sound so nice.

Shouldn't be a refurbishment issue as I bought them new directly from Klipsch and aside from the weirdness the speakers DO work, just not in any way that seems to make sense.

If I plug the speakers into my phone, both audio channels work. If I plug the headphones I use with my phone into my PC, both channels work. But if I try to plug the speakers into my PC, no right audio without messing with the "amplifier" setting.