[SOLVED] Weird keyboard glitch

Arisspartiatis

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
hello so i got a logitech keyboard and lately it does something really annoying,it has done it before but stopped after a while.the right arrow key and less the left double press on their own,when i skip forward on a youtube video for example its very common that it will double skip,or on text or searching files,its extremely annoying ,has anyone have a clue?thnx

Solution
if you want to see if its maybe the software, do a clean boot
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

it could be a conflict with another program

Arisspartiatis

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
What software you using??
Logitech gaming software or G Hub?

obvious answer - cleaned keyboard recently? reminds me my s key sometimes repeats.
thnx for the answer,i wasnt using any software and the keyboard was working just fine.i installed logitech gaming software with no luck though..the button is actually clean,im gonna try blow it and see if it has any effects

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you want to see if its maybe the software, do a clean boot
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

it could be a conflict with another program

Solution

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Did you take the keys off the keyboard? My Logitech G610 keyboard was doing that and even after using canned air on it, it would continually activate the "X" key. I thought the can of air would work. I followed a U-Tube video to see how to remove the keys and found a bunch of dust balls that were just being blown around. Cleaned it up and works perfectly again.

Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master
I did suggest similar. I used to take my keys off on my G910 as dust and hair gathers under the caps. It happened a lot.

Doesn't happen as much on my Corsair K70 as the keys aren't as flush with base plate on it, harder to get hair into keys, but not impossible, need to blow air through it soon I guess. Keep forgetting

Arisspartiatis

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
hello and thnx for the answers,the problem still persists,i didnt do a clean boot yet.but i tried the keyboard with another pc that has only two programs installed and was still problematic,i used a simple microsoft keyboard and everything was working properly,so it came down to the keyboard...i blew the key but its quite clean itss so weirddd