Question Weird Keyboard Issue

May 29, 2022
Keyboard can't detect on PC, I've tried all USB ports and it's still not detecting it, tested with an external HDD and mouse in each port, everything works, except the keyboard.
The keyboard has been tested on another laptop/pc and it can work

Motherboard Asrock H81M-VG4
Processor i3 4130
Vga Gigabyte gtx 750
Ram 8gb DDR3 Single Channel

Thanks

May 29, 2022
there is this link on Asrock site next to latest bios (includes instructions) - https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS8

I don't know if I would flash bios just for one keyboard.
I would grab another keyboard and see if that works.

you could try a hub but it might not work still as BIOS needs to know what to do with signals it gets.

I alrdy try 3 keyboard and all not working in my pc
I will try to flash the bios later

Colif

Win 11 Master
how long have you had PC?
What happened to previous keyboard? It must have worked before?

some of the linked fixes require you actually getting into bios... hard to do if keyboard doesn't work. I sometimes wonder about the people writing those pages.

May 29, 2022
how long have you had PC?
What happened to previous keyboard? It must have worked before?

some of the linked fixes require you actually getting into bios... hard to do if keyboard doesn't work. I sometimes wonder about the people writing those pages.
It work before, but when I use it suddenly the keyboard is disconnected and until now it can't be used

I can enter the BIOS without a keyboard by going through the windows settings As done https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/access-bios-windows-10

Colif

Win 11 Master
so did it stop while you were using it or just one day when you went to use it, it wasn't working?

how many USB devices do you have? Maybe its a conflict with something else? tried with only keyboard attached?

i don't know why its only keyboards. I keep thinking maybe a power surge but its oddly specific.

I knew about that way into BIOS but its sure the long way around. Do you have anything like fast boot set up as it can skip USB at boot, but that doesn't explain why it just started.

feels like something has broken in the PC. I wouldn't be able to point you at what though.

is this windows 10?

May 29, 2022
so did it stop while you were using it or just one day when you went to use it, it wasn't working?

how many USB devices do you have? Maybe its a conflict with something else? tried with only keyboard attached?

i don't know why its only keyboards. I keep thinking maybe a power surge but its oddly specific.

I knew about that way into BIOS but its sure the long way around. Do you have anything like fast boot set up as it can skip USB at boot, but that doesn't explain why it just started.

feels like something has broken in the PC. I wouldn't be able to point you at what though.

is this windows 10?
yes, when I use it suddenly my keyboard is disconnected and can't connect again until now
I've tried to connect my keyboard without any other USB device but it still not working
I think I alrdy turn off fast boot in BIOS

I'm using windows 10 version 1903

i had a similar issue with a keyboard that suddenly stopped me from typing anything , try this simple trick but it might not work , remove keyboard and turn on pc , when you get a message to say keyboard not detected plug it in and wait to see if anything happens

May 29, 2022
should upgrade to 21H2 but that isn't likely to fix keyboards working... you never know since they just stopped.

top link downloads upgrade assistant, if you run it it will download all the files needed to install win 10 and then restart and install.
2nd is to a tool that lets you make installer
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

I have try it on 21H1, still not fixing my problem

May 29, 2022
i had a similar issue with a keyboard that suddenly stopped me from typing anything , try this simple trick but it might not work , remove keyboard and turn on pc , when you get a message to say keyboard not detected plug it in and wait to see if anything happens

I alrdy try this still not working

Colif

Win 11 Master
if it works in ubuntu, might need to make a win 10 installer.
as the keyboard might work in there too...
it might be the keyboard drivers are deleted.

run this in windows
you can use the on screen keyboard in windows 10 to type - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-to-type-ecbb5e08-5b4e-d8c8-f794-81dbf896267a
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

so how are you typing your replies? laptop?

May 29, 2022
if it works in ubuntu, might need to make a win 10 installer.
as the keyboard might work in there too...
it might be the keyboard drivers are deleted.

run this in windows
you can use the on screen keyboard in windows 10 to type - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-to-type-ecbb5e08-5b4e-d8c8-f794-81dbf896267a
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

so how are you typing your replies? laptop?

So now, my keyboard is back to work, but sometimes it suddenly disconnects and has to be removed and reinserted Again
And when it suddenly disconnected I checked the device manager and found a problem with the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) with error code 43 Like here

Last edited:
May 29, 2022
What fixed it?

have you tried all 3 keyboards now its working? it could be the keyboard is actually faulty and it made windows ignore all keyboards until you fixed it?

You can use this program to possibly confirm it is the Keyboard causing it
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html
Yes, it suddenly worked, but only 2 keyboards worked, the other 1 didn't work, but at least it's working
I will try to use that program to check the keyboard, thank you for helping