Weird lag spikes with repeating movements in online game.

Oct 21, 2018
Hello guys! I have realy weird problem here. I wont say i'v tryed everything becose the problem stll stay, so obviosly i didn't try everything. That's why i decided to ask for some pro help. I realy hope somebody can help me with this one.

So there is the case: i play online game named Vindictus. For years everything was just fine. Untill 2 months ago, one morning the horror started from nothing. I didn't change anything i didn't touch anything it just started. The game is p2p based. Ping is indicated with 5 bars meter, One person is a host and another persons join his party. So if i play solo all good, but if i join some party hosted by no mather who and no mather where he is, my ping randomly drops from 3-4 bars (wich is verry good) to 1 bar (poor) every 20 or 30 sek. it happens random. When this happen i teleport to some back point and some of my movements just repeat.
I have pretty good connection 50Mb Down and 12Up with 13-15 ping to the closest server. My FPS doesn't drop, it stay 60 the whole time. I pinged google.com and there is no packet lost. I tryed pingtest.net and all loocks fine there too. I mean when this happen in game no change at all in any test i run meantime.
I reinstaled windows, drivers etc nothing helps at all. Tryed to disconect all my HDD and stay with only C: (SSD Evo 850 250GB). Then i started my PC from another HDD (also alone, i have it with windows installed as a backup for emergency cases). Same result. Tested RAM, CPU, GPU, temps, hdd health, etc...nothing there. I even bought another PCI Express lan card. Nothing. I tryed to conect to my ruter via wifi adapter. Nothing changed. Tryed also to connect directly to the modem bypassing the ruter. Same result. And many, many other things like changing RJ 45 cables, monitor cables, playing with adapter settings, uninstalling programs i use, latest drivers etc. Nothing helps at all.

So here becomes the weird part: desperated looking for solution i got an idea to start torrent client and download some random large file, playing in another windows the game. My idea was to see if there is drop of download or upload speed when the issue happens in game, But OMG the issue dissapeared!!! Or at least it wasn't that annoing!
So thats how i fugured out this: if my upload is active( i mean somebody is downloading something from my PC) everything is great. If there is no traffic (torrent client is idle) the issue start again. WTH? I mean how is that even possible? I'm not some computer guru so i just can't explain all this. Please somebody help me to resolve it. I'm desperated already. Thanks!

My PC Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate
i7 2600k
Asus Sabertooth Z77
250GB Samsung Evo 850
16 Gb Ram 4x4GB dual mode
LG Flatron IPS 225
XFX ATI RX480 8GB
I can provide screenshots of my test results or any additional info if needed.

Oct 21, 2018

Thank you for you response but ufortunately i already tryed that, and still nothing.

Oct 21, 2018

No, its not. I was afraid to do this, becose it may make the thing worst. Should i give it a try?

P.S.
Done, BIOS up to date, still same issue. Any ideas?

Oct 21, 2018

I have latest version of all the drivers published on offi sites. Still i tryed Driver booster wich made my PC to blue screen and needed to do system recovery to solve that. Anyway i appreciate you effort to help me. I hope somewere between "try this one, try that one" we will cach it!

TRENDING THREADS