Mar 1, 2021
After i reset my pc about 3 months ago ive started getting lag spikes in mostly low requirement games such as Valorant, Enlisted and osu! ive also gotten them a lot on apex. The reason why i reset my pc was because i would start getting random freezes when i didnt have a game running, it would happen when i watched youtube and etc. the reset removed this problem but has given me these weird lag spikes, on osu its completely random when i get them but they happen like about every 3-7 seconds, in valorant i get lag spikes most oftent when i peak someone. I have no idea if this is a system problem or a hardware problem, im pretty sure ive redownloaded all the needed drivers after the reset

these lag spikes makes osu! unplayable and all other games where it happends frequently just annoying to play

NOTE: i havent gotten these lag spikes on any high requirement games other than apex

Spec list:
  • Motherboard: Asus TUF Z390 Plus
  • Ram: Corsair 32GB DDR4-3000 RGB PRO (4, 8gb sticks)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-9700K
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Dual 8GB GDDR6
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum RGB
  • 240mm
  • SSD: Samsung 970EVO 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair TX650M 650W 80plus gold
  • LED Strips: Corsair Lightning NODE PRO KIT
Videos with lag spikes
3 different clips where i get lag spikes
4 lag spikes

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Latest BIOS for your motherboard? Instead of resetting, why don't you try and reinstall the OS? On that note, what version of Windows 10 are you currently on? Ideally you should be on version 20H2. Try DDU and then reinstall the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site. How old is the PS U in your system? The other thing is that the games you've mentioned tend to have updates rolled out every week and the next update only brings up more issues than resolving the prior issues.

Mar 1, 2021
Latest BIOS for your motherboard? Instead of resetting, why don't you try and reinstall the OS? On that note, what version of Windows 10 are you currently on? Ideally you should be on version 20H2. Try DDU and then reinstall the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site. How old is the PS U in your system? The other thing is that the games you've mentioned tend to have updates rolled out every week and the next update only brings up more issues than resolving the prior issues.

yes i updated my motherboard/bios

yes im on 20H2 latest version

My psu is around 2 years old now

and the nvidia drivers im pretty sure i reinstalled them not long ago as well