Weird lag while gaming

Apr 30, 2018
I built a gaming computer and i have to use a usb wifi adapter to connect to the internet. I used to play on my sister's laptop using the wifi and the ping usually was 40 - 50, but after i finished my gaming computer when i play it the ping stays at 115 all the time (only in games) can it bebeing caused by the wifi adapter?

It is possible that the USB interface is introducing some latency. It could also be the network signal from where your computer is. Is it in a different location from where you used to sit to game on that laptop? Are there more things in the way? It could also be that you bought a wireless adapter of a lesser spec than her integrated one.

I suppose the best solution would be to buy a PCI-E network adapter with an external antenna that you can move around to try to get the best signal where your desktop is, but if there are things in the way that you can move, or if all you need is a network extender, those would be cheaper ways to go.

Apr 30, 2018

Apr 30, 2018
I use it in the same area i used to use hers, but her wifi receptor must better. The weird thing is that it loads really fast anything else the lag is only in game, but thanks anyways