[SOLVED] Weird lines on bottom taskbar screen on fresh startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas4140

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
Hello guys,

For like a month or so I have exactly the same issue when I startup my pc, i have this weird couple of lines on the bottom of the taskbar of my screen. This happens for a few minutes, than dissapear and dont appear, unless i entirely restart my pc, than those lines are back.
OS is windows 10
See this video for an example of what i mean:
View: https://vimeo.com/537139112

Should this worry me or u guys have an idea what can cause it?

Thanks!

Solution
I don't know about your model, I know a number of AOC monitors have a similar problem running at 144. I didn't even know the model was made by AOC until I looked up name.

I don't think its a driver issue, as it only happens at start up. Not entirely sure what cause is.

I wonder if it happens in linux

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't know about your model, I know a number of AOC monitors have a similar problem running at 144. I didn't even know the model was made by AOC until I looked up name.

I don't think its a driver issue, as it only happens at start up. Not entirely sure what cause is.

I wonder if it happens in linux

Last edited:
Solution
May 8, 2022
Hello, I found a simple solution, my friend encountered this already, but Windows only gives you narrow options like 60fps to 144fps, so heres an FPS limiter: <Link to cru-1.5.1.zip removed by a mod. Next time link to the original website and not a personal Google account> extract the zip file, open Cru.exe, click 'add', change the fps option to '120', click ok, then click ok again, and restart, fixed the issue for my friend so it should work for you, as for the closed thread solution by Colif, I doubt its out for all windows versions, there was no update icon for my friend so this is a rare case, I still reccomend firstly updating it if you have the option to, if you don't then use the solution I gave you, as from some sources, it works with 60fps. Sometimes windows updates are hidden, so open the windows start menu, search for 'check for updates' click it then scroll down and click 'advanced options', and turn on 'recieve updates other than Microsoft', its mainly driver updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.