Question Weird monitor issue

AKingy

Prominent
Mar 15, 2019
Greetings, my monitor (DELL u2412mb) has this weird spot on it, it's only noticeable whenever theres a dark background on the screen, mainly black of course. It's got a blue colour with several red dots (though they appear green in the pic) that appear to be placed in an orderly manner. I tried running a colour troubleshooting something which is one of the screens fuctions where it shows a bunch of random colours and the problem mentioned above only shows up on the black background. The monitor itself is connected to my PC with a DVI-D.

Here's the picture: View: https://m.imgur.com/5Xh8Sv0

Thank you

AKingy

Prominent
Mar 15, 2019
Test with another system, looks like it's a bad screen though. This type of blotch can come from too much pressure on the screen, maybe from cleaning it.

So, how can I fix it? I've looked up problems similar to this but instead of a black "stain" it's a white one that shows up on bright colours and it's caused by pressuring the screen inwards. Could this be the opposite and to fix it i have to push it instead of pulling it outwards? Don't know if you catch my drift hehe

So, how can I fix it? I've looked up problems similar to this but instead of a black "stain" it's a white one that shows up on bright colours and it's caused by pressuring the screen inwards. Could this be the opposite and to fix it i have to push it instead of pulling it outwards? Don't know if you catch my drift hehe

You need to replace the screen, you can't fix it by pushing on a broken screen more.